Thursday, December 18, 2008

I can't wait to go to the snow!!

Does anyone ski? I need a skiing buddy. I am going to start taking little man up so I will have a skiing buddy, but I am sure that will just make me nervous! Hubby knows how to ski, but he is afraid of heights and the ski lift makes him very nervous. (Just between us, last time we went skiing together, we were getting on the ski lift, and I thought he was next to me and when I got on I heard a yell and thud and there was my hubby on the ground, ski caught. They had to stop the lift and help him up. Since I was already going up, I could not get off. Needless to say, he was very embarresed and that was it for the day).
I am going to take my skiis in and get them all waxed and edges sharpened and off I will go on my face or rear since it has been 4 ski seasons that I have been skiing! And yes, I need new ski boots since my feet grew after having little man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man... sorry but I was cracking up at this... poor hubby!

Carrie said...

You are a brave soul. I've NEVER been skiing.

And your husband and his wounded pride is hilarious! Sorry that I laughed at his expense!

Jonna said...

Tell Chris I have been there, done that. Seriously I only feel safe on the bunny hillds...I'm a horrible skier. Daniel and Sugi are both avid snowboarders but nobody can afford it right now. I hope you find a snow buddy!... Hey that is a cute movie 'Snow Buddies'.

Kim said...

Lake went snowboarding today for his first time! His rear end is really sore, but he's eager to go up again! Maybe Dave, Kyle and Lake will go up with you. Dave would like to take Kyle skiing. Let us know when you're going.