Sunday, December 21, 2008

Restaurant Review


Well, once again my kids are sick, their noses are too runny to bring them to church. So we went to a late breakfast at Red Caboose Cafe in Clovis. They are in the Save Mart Shopping center off of Bullard right before you get to Old Town Clovis. They had the best biscuits and gravy that I have had in California. I grew up eating biscuits and gravy. My grandma and my Aunts are from the South and they made good gravy. Here they made their gravy with bacon and their biscuits were light, not dense like a lot of people make theirs. I like gravy made with bacon opposed to sausage. Sausage makes the gravy too salty and thick. This bacon gravy was smooth with the perfect amount of salt. I am a happy camper now! The Red Caboose Cafe also has trains that ride around the restaurant. Perfect to distract the kids! Overall a good breakfast. Just stinks that we have to drive to Clovis for a good breakfast.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE that place too!

Anonymous said...

Driving to Clovis is a good thing!

Carrie said...

I LOVE that place! And the fact that it has a train running over your head is non-stop entertainment for my boys!

Jonna said...

I haven't been there in ages... we will have to go soon!