I made taquitos from left over Pork al Pastor. You can use any meat to do this. I just heated up some flour tortillas, filled them with the meat, cheese and corn, wrapped them up and stuck a toothpick in them to hold them together. I sprayed some oil on them and baked on 400 degrees until golden brown. I just tossed some lettuce, cilantro, jalapeno, corn and green onions together and added salt and pepper and a little olive oil. I diced the tomatoes on the side for me and added it to the lettuce mixture on my plate. Take the taquitos out of the oven, add salad with some sour cream and you have a new and exciting dinner. Only took 20 minutes all together.
Whole Foods makes a good Chile Verde in the prepared section, just pour over a pork shoulder and put in your slow cooker. You can use the left overs for this recipe.
2 comments:
Looks super yummy! Right out of a restaurant! I'll have to try it sometime!
Wow....I'm really hungry now.
Post a Comment