Monday, February 8, 2010

Walgreens headache

I went to Walgreens for my weekly shopping trip today with hubby and the kids. I had my coupons, a list of what was on sale and what I would get in Register Rewards and knew exactly how I was going to make my purchases so it would run smoothly. I try to be helpful to the cashier. Well, I had the buy one Venus razors system and get a Olay body wash for free coupon. I was going to buy 2 razors so I could get the 2 free body washes. Unfortunately there was a new girl at the register and she was putting in the coupon incorrectly. I told her that I did not get the razors for free but the body wash (which the razors were more expensive). She got frustrated and called a manager, I think a new manager because I had never seen her as well.

The manager went on and told me that I could only use one coupon and gave me some run around answer and then I did not get my RR reward!! I was MAD!! I tried to explain that I have been coming here since they opened and we have never had an issue. She told me that they were trying to crack down on people getting items for free. I told her how frequently I shopped at Walgreens and I knew that I could use a manufacturer coupon and store coupon together and still receive a RR. She told me that I could not. My husband and I told her if this is the stores policy that they would be loosing our business and we give them A LOT of our business. I also asked where the sign is posted regarding their new policy? I did not get a response.

Long story short, hubby called corporate and asked for their coupon policy, gave us the name of their head manager which hubby called. It turned out that they manager talking to us was confused and not sure about the coupon policy. This would have saved us and the manager we were talking to so much trouble if she would have asked her boss. Hubby is now back returning some items so we can use both coupons and the manager spoke with his employees on the coupon policy. What a headache.

And what did I do to make them irritated during this whole thing? I took out my free Oreo coupon and 2 free Nestle crunch bar coupons. I was not even planning on buying them, but I could not resist. I felt so sorry for the cashier since she was caught in the middle until she told me I could only use 1 free coupon and not the other. We were able to buy all 3 items for free after we reminded her that the manager said one coupon per item while the manager was standing there. Aaggghhhhh!!!!

If you have a problem with coupons, just call corporate and then the head store manager and your issue will be solved an hour later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it so frustrating when the employees do not know there own coupon policy? I never had any problems either until last week at Vons. I was irritated, but ended using all my coupons in the end! :)