Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chocolate Lava Cake

I am going to make a Chocolate Lava cake for dessert tonight. We are heading over to my in-laws, so I will make this ahead of time and bake it at their house while we are having dinner. I am going to use my heart ramekins and heart plates that I use every Valentine's Day for dessert. I love them!!


Ingredients:
6 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
6 oz. butter (diced, room temp)
3 eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup flour
Butter for ramekins

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Melt chocolate in a double broiler. When melted take off the flame.
2. Stir in diced butter until it melts.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until it starts to whiten.
4. Stir in meted chocolate then the flour.
5. Butter 4 individual ramekins and pour in chocolate batter.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Tip ramekins upside down onto plates and serve (with ice cream of course)!

Tips:
You can make your recipe ahead of time and bake before serving. In terms of baking time, it depends on how runny you want the cake. 10 minutes for an oozing center but you can bake longer for an incredibly moist cake.

No comments: