and I am speaking! Have I done anything about it? NO...Christmas, kids sick, been sick, went to Shaver and now laundry! I am a procrastinator when it comes to things like this. I was a great procrastinator in school and it is not any different when I have to do something. So, I am talking about moms having a good body image of themselves and how we as moms can teach a positive and healthy lifestyle to their kids by being that role model, not saying things like, "Does this make me look fat" to your hubby in front of your kids or "I need to loose 10 pounds!" Yes, I think it, I tell my girlfriends, but my kids will never hear me say that unless it is in a positive light.
So, what I am asking you, is there anything else that you would like to hear or think that would be beneficial to our group? I think I have a little different perspective on body image now that I am in my mid 30's. Yes, I want to look good and want to be healthy, but I do not need to kill myself to be a size 6 anymore. Tell me what pops into your head.....Thanks!
5 comments:
i am looking forward to our meeting! it feels like its been too long! i think the main point to get across (in my mind) is to accept yourself the wy God made you... don't measure your beauty (or weight) by hollywood's standards!!
Or by anyones standards! (adding to what Katelyn said)
You are going to be so great, I'm looking forward to hearing you speak!
I've known too many women who were obsessed with counting calories and it is just annoying. I could never put so much effort into eating! It's important to eat healthy and feel healthy because we have to have the energy to keep up with our kids, but if I gain a few pounds over the holidays I don't care! Inner beauty is what matters and when we are young, it is so hard to see that. Our culture is wacko when it comes to body image!
Oh, this is so long. I'm sorry. I can't wait to hear all that you have to say!!!
I must have forgotten I'm pregnant. I think I gained more than a few pounds over the holidays this year... LOL
I'm so sad I'm going to miss you! You're going to do great and I'm sure will inspire the women towards health!
Post a Comment