Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekly Breakfast and Lunches

This is how I operate. I HATE doing dishes (yes, hate) since I only have a single sink and no dishwasher. So, I make a big batch of pancakes or waffles one morning and freeze them for the week so I can just heat them up in the microwave. Much cheaper than the frozen items at the grocery store. For one dinner during the week, I will make a big batch of beef stroganoff, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs or homemade mac and cheese, so it is easy to heat up and it is something little missie can eat as well. I like to have the left overs for when hubby or my parents watch the kids so they do not have to make anything. Though, little mans favorite lunch is a tuna sandwich, so he will have that once or twice a week. I always have Progresso chicken noodle soup on hand for little missie and other soups for me. A lot of times I will make a batch of soup for me and little missie will eat that as well.

Today was a pancake morning and this past weekend I made mac and cheese (though my family ate it all in 2 days). I made some more today since I was making a batch for Carrie's troops. Tonight I will make extra meatball calzones. They are good cold the next day too. I will make a batch of brownies or cookies for treats for the week. I like to think that the homemade kind is somehow better for you. I do make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies a lot. That is our typical week.

5 comments:

Jonna said...

Those are some great ideas for having meals on hand, and the meatball calzone's sound so good I'm totally craving them now! (maybe a future recipe post?) Or I could just call DiCicco's! I can't believe Sam loves Tuna so much. Occasionally I open a can and Caleb goes hysterical saying it stinks and he doesn't want any... Sam is unique!

Carrie said...

can you post the recipe for the meatball calzones? We love calzones over here! I usually make mine with the pillsbury crescent rolls, but I'm thinkin' that's not what you do...to

Heather Rodriguez said...

I need to get on the ball like you! I am so last minute! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info!! lunches are rough for me and i always feel like i am scrambling at the last minute.

Brooke said...

I'm a left-over fanatic!!!