Back in the day when I was dating my hubby, I thought I would make him dinner. I do not know all that I made, but I did make a carrot dish that called for lemon. I did not have lemon, so I looked through the cabinets and found lemon pepper. So, what did I do, yes, added lemon pepper instead of lemon. We sat down to eat and luckily I took the first bite and spit it out! It was awful, inedible, the worst thing that I had made! Now I know not to substitute things based on the name. To this day I do not like lemon pepper...yuck!
The worst thing my sister ever made, was when we were living in Mexico, she wanted to make us carne asada. She was young, but my mom always encouraged us to cook. Because of the lack of space in the kitchen, my mom put the oil and pine sol next to each other. Not knowing spanish, my sister grabbed the pine sol and made our dinner with pine sol, salad dressing and all! We went out to dinner that night.
2 comments:
That pine-sol story is so funny! You'll never forget that one! :)
Too funny!
Post a Comment