I went to Vons and Savemart today. They had some deals that I could not pass up. A lot of it is snacks, juice etc....but I only buy snack food if it is really cheap and we will have it for a long time. I like to have snacks on hand in case I have to take something to school last minute, someone comes over with their kids or we are taking a trip. My philosophy on food is to teach your kids a healthy approach to food. Yes, I would love if they never ate junk food, but I don't want them to think there is a "bad" food or sneak food because mommy never lets me have it. It's all about moderation. Here is how I saved:
Vons:
I bought 4 Minute Maid Lemonades .99 each
3 Hansens Apple Juices $2.49 each used .50 coupon for each
When you buy 3 juices you receive 2 snacks for free (Quaker granola bars free)
Kleenex $1.50 had a get a free Kleenex and she took off the original price of $1.99
Total $ 9.57
Savemart:
They have a sale going on buy 10 Kellogs, Keebler, Pop Tarts etc... and get a $10.00 Savemart coupon to use on your next shopping trip. I purchased 10 items making them $1.98 each, I used 5 $1.00 off coupons and paid $15.00 dollars for the cereal, crackers and cookies.
I turned around and bought the rest of my groceries.
4 pears .29/lb
Organic Milk to make yogurt on sale $2.99
Little Swimmers on manager special $6.99
2 Pillsbury cinnamon roles on sale $1.69 each and used .40 coupon
Total: $4.73
You can see I actually paid a little under $30.00 for all of this!
No comments:
Post a Comment