I made homemade peach jam tonight. I was chopping up the peaches and was going to get the food processor out, but I had a brilliant idea! Chunky jam....why you ask? I am going to make plain yogurt this week and I am going to stir in some of my homemade peach jam to make peach yogurt that is all homemade. I want some now but have to go to the store to buy milk tomorrow, which means I will not have yogurt until Sunday since it is a overnight process. I hope it turns out and I will post pictures after I make it.
You like my jars? Small, medium and large. I have not bought jars and only using what was in my cabinet and I made the jams with a big stock pot and tongs to get the jars out.
4 comments:
Your peach jam looks good! That's a great idea with using it with your homemade yogurt. I'm sure that will be delicious! I ended up going back to Vons & bought more peaches to make more peach jam. We have been enjoying it so much & I wanted to make more so it can last longer. :)
Oh, fabulous idea Lora! I bought a bunch of them today and made a pie. I might have to try some jam, too.
What a great idea! Maybe I could come over one day and you could teach me how to "jar" stuff?
I can't wait to hear what your yogurt turns out like!
All I did was follow the directions on the no-sugar needed pectin for jams and jellies. I want to make strawberry jelly too, but I need to buy some more jars. I was thinking that if you canned the chunky peaches it would be great for a peach cobbler when peaches are out of season.
Post a Comment