Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pain Management

Tonight hubby and I went to dinner and afterwards we ran some errands. I forgot to take my Tylenol with me and by the second errand I was in pain. By the time we were on the way home I was almost in tears. I have never had pain like this in my mouth. It shoots from my ear to my chin and feels like someone is ripping my teeth out. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my dentist to have an x-ray to see what is up. I want to portray to him that I am not a sissylala and that it is not just sensitive. When I called the receptionist, she said, "oh, it will be sensitive for up to a couple of months." And I said, no it is not sensitive, it is painful!!!!! That made me think of all the painful things that I have experienced in my life and how this rates. I think it is in running for the third most painful thing when the Tylenol wheres off. Here is a list of what I have done to myself:

*Broke my nose
*Fractured my foot
*Fractured my elbow
*Bone spur in my heel and had a cortisone shot in the bottom of my foot!
*Ripped all the muscles in my lower back
*Gave birth twice (but had an epidural). Little man was the worse of the pain....pushing 2 hours.
*Had a concussion where I was in bed for 3 weeks and had another 3 weeks after that of recovery.
*Smashed my finger in the car door twice and lost a thumb nail and a finger nail.
*Lost 2 toe nails, one by smashing my foot into the side of the pool and another by a snowboarder who ran over me while I was skiing.
*Thyroid problem that was labeled an "emergency."
*Swam in the Pacific ocean for one mile while guys swam over me and punched me in the face.

Need I say more. Maybe I should give him this list and tell him that the pain that I experienced tonight was in the top three. There, I feel better that I got to vent and I will be switching dentists soon. Why did my dentist have to retire?

3 comments:

NerdMom said...

Sissylala? That is a great word;). But man, I thought I was accident prone and uncoordinated;).

I hope you feel better soon.

Jonna said...

Sounds awful, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. They better find out what's going on!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear your in so much pain. I sure hope they can figure out the problem & fix it ASAP.