Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meals while going to school

This semester I have a class Tuesday nights, but only until the end of September. All semester I have a class on Wednesdays from 1-5pm. We will be going to church as well on Wed. nights, so I will have to come up with something quick. I am not one that likes to freeze food. I don't know why, but once something has been in the freezer for more than a couple of weeks, I do not want to eat it. My freezer is probably emptier than most peoples. I guess I have a hang up or something, but I don't remember my mom ever freezing food either, it was always fresh.

What I am planning on doing is on the weekends I will make my Wed. night meals, stick it in the freezer and my mom can pop it in the oven before I get home. Some ideas I have are to: Make a batch of meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, enchiladas or have chicken already cooked and chopped so I can make a pizza or tacos.
This weekend I am going to make 2 batches of meatballs, one batch for lasagna and the others I will freeze. I hope I can be disciplined since it does make dinners run more smoothly while I am in school.

Want to know what is in my freezer?
Bacon
Bread
Gogurts
Popsicles
Corn meal
Coconut
Tilapia
Lunch meat
Sweet potato fries
Waffles I made this week
A bag of green beans I use as an ice pack...LOL!
And that is about it.

No comments: