Bolognese sauce with pasta. This is the first time that I have made this, so I will post the recipe if I think it is a winner. I wish I had a dutch oven though, I think that is what is on my birthday wish list, a gift card to Sur La Table from everyone since the one I want is about $200.00!
Update:
Dinner was good, took a little while to prepare but it made a bunch of sauce. I put some in the freezer so I can make a lasagna in the near future. Here is the recipe:
Bolognese:
1 1/4lb. each ground pork and ground beef
1 yellow onion diced
1 stalk celery diced
2 medium carrots diced
5 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1 cup milk
2 bay leaves
2 large cans whole tomatoes put through a food processor or I just squeezed them by hand.
salt and pepper to taste
I added some chili flakes and white pepper to bring up the heat.
Brown your meats and drain on a paper towel. Add some olive oil in your pan and cook onions, carrots and celery about 8 minutes adding the garlic the last minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for a couple of minutes. Add your wine and scrape up any bits with a spoon and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring up to a simmer. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or so. Serve over your favorite pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment