
I know it is not Monday, but I have made a list of all the meat I have and have planned meals around that. I can make 12 meals with what I have on hand (minus fresh ingredients). I am planning on buying meat ONLY if it is on a good sale and I am planning on what I am buying produce wise based on these meals. I am going to try to do this more that I am in school and need some easy meals on the nights I have school. I have bolognese sauce waiting for me in the freezer to make a lasagna too.
On these 12 meals the total cost in meat came to $28.00! I have chicken, ground turkey, pork and a whole turkey. I bought the pork from Costco with the $4.00 off coupon, the ground turkey from Smart and Final for $1.89 each and the chicken at VONS for $6.00 for 6 breasts and the turkey was $5.00 during Christmas.
My trip to VONS is already planned out with my coupons and everything that I need to buy minus a few veggies I have a coupon for. I even have a coupon for carrots! I will give you my total at the end of the month on what I bought and how much I saved. I do spend a lot of money on food because I cook all the time and I always have fresh produce on hand. I love having people over for dinner or bringing meals to those who need it, so I need to be able to do that without breaking the bank. That is the method to my madness and I hope I can help along the way with budget friendly meals.
And sorry if I post recipes with lots of ingredients, but that's what makes it taste so good. My sister complains about all the chopping(lettuce wraps), but they taste good, right?
Now I am hungry and need to wake up my family so we can go eat. Friday nights are out to dinner nights!
1 comment:
The chicken lettuce wraps were very delicious, but yes, a lot of ingredients. I did make it somewhat easier by chopping up a rotissere (sp?) chicken left-over from the previous night.
Post a Comment