All done!! And what did little man say to me as I told him that we needed to decorate the cookies? "I really don't like decorating cookies!" KIDS!
These sugar cookies were supposed to be done today, decorated and all, but I ran out of time and steam. Tomorrow the decorating will begin. I only made 2 dozen, but it takes so long....making them, chilling the dough, rolling them out, chill again etc...I made 3 Christmas trees for little man to decorate for Santa. Yes, the are free form trees...LOL! I have stars, presents, cupcakes and 2 ornaments to decorate(2 dozen in all).
This is why I did not get to the decorating....more cookies, candied walnuts and caramel popcorn.
Now, I need to get ready for Christmas lunch. I need to make the corn pudding and have it in the frig. I was going to make scalloped potatoes but realized that there will not be room in my oven for prime rib, green beans, corn and potatoes. Change of plans, garlic and chive mashed potatoes. I hope my prime rib turns out and I have enough food for everyone! I think I will have enough dessert..LOL! Oh ya, the birthday cake for Jesus too. I am thinking that maybe next year we need to have Christmas at my sisters!
2 comments:
Your cookies are gorgeous!!!
Everything for lunch was delicious! Lots of hard work--planning, cooking and cleaning up. Thanks so much for hosting and being such a wonderful cook!
Post a Comment