Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oraganization at its finest!

Since our kitchen remodel I have not paid any attention to the basement (storage area). It was a disaster since they had shoved my stuff in corners to put in a new exhaust pipe and wood bits everywhere with nails etc... The basement is not big and not anything you can make into a room, just storage. So yesterday I got all of my Christmas containers out and took everything off the shelves and vacuumed the dusty, dusty shelves and the floor.

In the back here I have my Christmas decorations, in the middle my fall decorations and in front my Easter/spring decorations and as you can see I have a couple empty shelves.

As you walk down the stairs this is what you see to the right where I have the shelving.

Over to the left is my kid clothing section. I am slowly going through the boxes and selling them at the consigment store and in May at our big yard sale the rest will be gone!

I am happy that I can walk down there now and I know where everything is! I am now ahead 0n one of my New Years resolutions.

2 comments:

Heather Rodriguez said...

Very nice! I wish I had a basement!

NerdMom said...

Beautiful! Good job!