Sunday, August 9, 2009

Many First

As I sit here and reflect the time we have spent together as a family I am very grateful for being able to spend the last 9 weeks together as a family. There were many firsts this summer. Little man got to go to VBS and is still listening to the music and singing along and little missie knows some of the words too! Little man learned how to pray himself and thanks God for growing him and for all the good stuff to eat like popsicles!

Little missie is talking more and more every day and enjoys being around her big brother learning from him. She may be more challenging but she can light up a room with her smile!

We got to take 3 beach trips this summer! We love the Central Coast and love taking the kids. We have established many traditions and hope the kids will remember the happy times they spent as a family at the beach. Little missie knows where she is when we get there and asks to see the animals at the "Hay Farm" and ice cream!

Little man starts pre-school in 2 weeks and is so excited about that. I can't believe it! You can see it in his eyes how eager he is to learn. I love watching him grow and saddened at the same time because my little boy is growing up. I cherish the time I have spent at home with him. I am happy to have some time with little missie, just me and her having fun and sharing girl time while brother is away at school.

I can't believe how fast these 9 weeks have gone! Hubby is going back to work on Wednesday, so back into the routine of things. I start school on Monday nights in two weeks too. I will miss the summer we had this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great summer!

Sara said...

How nice that your husband has summers off and you can go do those things as a family. I am sure your son at least will remember this summer fondly! Thye do grow fast don't they. Sometimes I wish I could stop time. Maybe that's why I take so many pictures!

Carrie said...

What a great post! I'm so glad you guys had such a great summer!

How's that kitchen?

Heather Rodriguez said...

Sounds like a fun summer!!

Lora said...

The kitchen is very nice. I cook a lot more now that it is 100% easier. I still need to find something to hang in the breakfast room. I may paint something myself??? It is a long wall.