Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blackened Salmon

Time: 30-35 minutes
Cost: $18.00
Feeds: 2 adults 2 kids plus leftovers for lunches

I posted this recipe in June, so if you want the recipe, just go back to June. I love this dinner because it packs a lot of flavor with minimal time. It took about 30-35 minutes to make and that was because of the green beans. I like to blanch them and carmelize the onions and saute everything together. I also made fettucine with alfedo sauce. I used the fettucine that only takes 3 minutes and for the sauce I used garlic, a little white wine, heavy cream. parmesan cheese with some of the left over blackening spice from the salmon. Hit it with pepper at the end and tossed together.

This is the salmon once turned. It has a crust on the outside and it is moist and flaky in the inside. I just put salt and pepper on the kids and it picked up enough spice from the other two to give it plenty of flavor with it not being so spicy.

All plated up, salmon, green beans and fettucine alfredo.

The kids enjoying their dinner. Little man loves to destroy what he is eating first. "He is cooking."

I have to say it is a messy dinner.

2 comments:

Jonna said...

That looks really good!

Carrie said...

Wow...that looks REALLY good!