Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What do I "stockpile?"



Most of what I have in my "stockpile" is toiletries and cleaning products. These can be very expensive if you do not buy them on sale and I try to get them as close to free as I possibly can. This allows me to shop at Farmer's Market and Trader Joes on a weekly basis. I do stock up on some food items, but not a lot since I cook from fresh ingredients most of the time. I did buy 10 boxes on Planter Peanut Bars recently for .98 per box since we will be traveling a lot this summer and this is an easy snack for the kids. Here are some pictures of what I have on hand (no, I do not have my own mini mart in my basement).


I won 24 bars of Dove soap last year (which is my favorite) and I got 3 Olay beauty bars for free. I pick up toothpaste whenever it is free as well.
 I always have lots of lotion around the house, so if I can get it for under $1.00, I pick it up. I also won a Eucerin pack during Christmas.
 Again, everything we use. Halls are always cheap during the winter months and razors I buy when I can get them for $2.00 or under. Venus razors are my favorite and I just ran out. The thermacare packs I got for free using coupons.
 Toothbrushes, lip care and odds and ends like Cortaid and shout wipes, which were free using coupons.
I bought 2 more toothbrushes for .86 total today at CVS.
 Shampoo and Conditioner. Root Awakening is my favorite but it is expensive. I was able to get them for under $1.00 at Target recently. We also stocked up on skin care products at Costco using their coupon recently.
 Just showing you a closer look.
 This is my catch all cabinet. This has hairspray, face cleansers and cleaning products. As you can see I am very organized! I also have 3 bottles of Listerine and Scope in here too.
Men's deoderant is always on sale!
Feminine Hygiene. What can I say, I am good until menopause. Most of it was free or I paid under $1.00. And yes, this is the longest drawer ever!

No comments: