Yesterday I went grocery shopping ALONE! I thought since I was by myself this would be a perfect opportunity to see how much I could save on organic products by using coupons. I have been wanting to buy more organic products, but they are expensive and the only way we can afford it is for me to use coupons. This was a trial run to see if I really could do it. I went to Whole Foods and only bought what I had coupons for. I would love to buy everything there, but I just can't. This is how my shopping day went:
First stop: Trader Joe's
I go to T.J.'s weekly for our weekly supply of hummus and flat bread. This is little missies favorite food. I also bought organic animal crackers, fruit snacks, bagels, crackers and artichokes.
Total: $19.18
Second Stop: Food Max
I had another $5.00 off coupon when you spend $50.00 or more. I also had my tuna and Old Orchard juice coupons. I bought all the items I needed to make carnitas which included a huge pork shoulder, veggies, corn tortillas and I also bought some condiments and spices that I needed with a bunch of other groceries. My total came to a little over $51.00 and I spent $40.86 for a lot of groceries. (Not organic stuff)
Third Stop: Whole Foods
I had a $5.00 off coupon when you spend $50.00 or more and Whole Foods had tons of coupons on their site this month. I only bought what I had coupons for and I had a pretty big list. Everything I bought here was organic.
Lifeway Probugs Smoothies- Little man needs to gain some weight and this is made with whole milk.
Stoneyfield smoothies, cheese sticks, Monterrey jack cheese, half and half and cream, crackers, popcorn, Santa Cruz lemonade(2), Honest iced tea (4), Tazo iced tea (2), Stoneyfield gogurts, 2 boxes of waffles, Think Thin bars(2), Lara Bars(2), garlic infused french bread (on special), honey, bacon and soy sauce. I am sure I am missing a couple of things. But the important part is that I saved over $21.00 in coupons! I was bummed because I had a coupon for Stoneyfield milk, but they do not carry it. I never see coupons for milk!
I saved over $30.00 in coupons! I think that is good for all the food that I bought.
Yes, it seems like a lot to go to 3 stores and I usually don't, but I had the time so I wanted to get a lot of groceries for as little $$ as I could. Over all I spent $110.00. At the first of the month I usually stock up and my grocery bill is high, but on average after the first trip I spend around $60.00-$70.00 a week on groceries (this is only food and beverages). I am so stocked up on cleaning products and toiletries that I rarely buy any unless they are free or under $1.00 which saves me a lot of money monthly.
Just a note:
-I cook dinner 6 days a week
-Eat breakfast at home every day
-Make lunches everyday for hubby and little man
-Little missie and I eat lunches at home
-We go out to dinner once a week
-Go out to lunch maybe once a week on the weekend (does not always happen and we usually have a coupon).

No comments:
Post a Comment