Monday, June 7, 2010

What's for dinner tonight?

I have been in a BBQ mood lately since it is hot and it takes less clean up. Yesterday I made Bourbon Marinated Ribeye Steaks from the Meat Market (which I highly suggest) with macaroni salad and the new Grillin Beans (Steakhouse beans)
and fruit. It was very good and easy.

Tonight I am going to grill up chicken legs with a Chipotle rub from Pampered Chef that I ordered recently and love and 2 chicken jalapeno sausages from the Meat Market of course. I'll BBQ some corn on the cobb and make baked potatoes on the grill wrapped in foil. No sense in heating up the oven.

I love BBQ season for this reason. If you want to try another type of steak from the Meat Market, the Marinated New York steaks are really good too. The NY steaks and Ribeyes are $5.99 a pound and I only buy 2 steaks and hubby and I and the kids have plenty to eat.

I found a recipe for shrimp scampi that looks really good and is a lighter version. I may make that as well this week and then live off leftovers the days I have school.
If you know of any great BBQ meats, let me know.....we love our BBQ!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love your barbecue too!!!!! I take chicken and marinate it in italian dressing...the kiddos dig it!