I thought I would make chocolate chip granola bars for the kids (and me too). They like to have something sweet if they eat all their dinner, so I thought this would be a good alternative. All it has in it is oats, sliced almonds, cinnamon, vanilla, egg whites, blue agave and chocolate chips. I made a double batch since they will most likely be gone soon. I also did a batch with dried cranberries and coconut for my vanilla yogurt that I am making in the slow cooker.
Recipe:
2 cups oats
1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp of blue agave or honey (depends on how sweet you want it)
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baker with parchment paper. Mix together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, vanilla and blue agave. Mix 4 egg whites with a mixer until they form soft peaks. Add your chocolate chips to the oats and fold in the egg whites. Press the granola down into the pan and cook for 25 minutes. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and take them out of the pan on the parchment paper and slide the granola off onto a cutting board. I use a spatula to help me. Cut them up into bars and enjoy.
1 comment:
Ooohhh...those look GOOD.
Post a Comment