I volunteered to make a cake for tonights cake walk at church. I don't know why I did because I rarely make cakes. The last cake I made was for Sam's 2nd b-day. I made 3 layers of chocolate cake, which were not the most level. I put chocolate frosting in between each layer and made a cream cheese frosting for the outside. The problem I always have when frosting a chocolate cake is that I get black specs in my frosting. I looked at it and thought, "not so level of a cake and I have cake in my frosting, how can I cover it up?" This is what I came up with and I am happy with the outcome!

I wanted to use up the rest of the candy corn I had, so I placed them all around the cake.

Now to get it to church without ruining it. I have both kids and the cake without hubby. He is meeting me out there. I need to find a box!
5 comments:
It's beautiful Lora!
Wow! I hope we win that one!
The cake turned out great! Looks delicious too! :) Did you use a stencil for the face?
I cute out the face with a piece of paper. Hopefully someone won it!
You did a fabulous job on the cake! Much better than I could ever do! You're a great mom!
Post a Comment