Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yummy salad dressing


This is a good salad dressing to make with a steak dinner.

1 cup light sour cream
4 oz. gorgonzola cheese
1 lemon zest and juice
3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
Olive oil
Pepper

In a blender mix in sour cream, cheese, lemon, bacon and pepper. You want to stream in the olive oil until you get the consistency you like. If you do not like blue cheese dressing you may not like this, but I love blue cheese and thought the bacon gave it a smokey flavor and I like sour cream instead of mayo.

I added bacon crumbles to the top of my salad too. I know not the lightest dinner, but tasty. I make steaks about 1-2 times a month, so I don't feel bad and I split my steak with the kids.

And Costco sells Artisan lettuce for $2.99 for a huge package with 3 types of lettuce!

No comments: