
I know I have taken some time off of my weekly meal planning. Well back at it, we are staying home and trying to save some money. This is what I am planning so far this week.
Tonight: The kids picked out buttermilk pancakes and bacon. They love having breakfast for dinner.
Sunday: Having dinner with the in-laws.
Monday: Shopping day! I will make something easy like beef stroganoff since I am planning on making some things for the week. Making mine with Quinoa instead of pasta.
Tuesday: Lasagna with homemade rolls and salad. I will make turkey meatballs first and add them into the layers of the lasagna. It gives it more depth in flavor.
Wednesday: Date night with hubby
Thursday: My mom's b-day dinner at our house. Pan-seared Salmon tostadas with fire-toasted corn salsa and chili lime rice. For dessert I am making a Key lime ice-box cheesecake with a pistachio crust.
This weeks makes and bakes:
Homemade yogurt
Strawberry jam
Banana chocolate chip bread
Strawberry/Banana yogurt popsicles for the kids
Sunday breakfast:
My mother-n-law bought me the Western National Parks' Lodges Cookbook and this recipe was in it and looks wonderfully delicious! I want to make it and see how it turns out to see if I want this for Christmas breakfast.
Date-Cranberry French toast
Bread Pudding
10 cups day old danish, torn into large pieces
6 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
Pinch salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup chopped dates
1 cup milk
French Toast Batter
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the bread. eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cranberries, dates and milk in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into two loaf pans coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 1 hour. Refrigerate until you are ready to make the french toast (make this the day before).
Slice the bread pudding. Mix eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, OJ, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with a hand mixer. Soak the slices of bread pudding in the batter. Heat a nonstick skillet and cook the french toast until done. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
I'm going to La Boulangerie to see if they will sell me any day old danishes for a discounted rate.
No comments:
Post a Comment