Recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp each of baking soda and powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used non-fat)
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. Mix all the dry in ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
3. Whisk together bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
4. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
174 calories
6 grams protein
6.2 grams total fat
27 grams carbs
3.5 grams fiber
I took the recipe out of Taste of Home and switched a couple of the ingredient to what I had on hand. You can use wheat bran instead of wheat germ and they say to use 2% yogurt, but I did not notice a difference with fat free yogurt. Next time I am going to make it with whole wheat flour. It turns out really moist.
1 comment:
Looks good! I bought over ripe bananas at the grocery store on clearance over the weekend to make banana bread, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Post a Comment