The first morning, on Monday, we had this great idea to ride our bikes to breakfast. We thought, oh Seaside is not too far, lets ride. We put the kids on the back of our bikes with a back pack and headed out. We got to Avila Valley Barn which is a nice ride with a bike trail and saw the first hill. Why do you not notice these things when you are driving? Well, up the first hill huffing and puffing.....we got up and WHAT, another hill....hubby said, "maybe we should stay at the Avila Valley Barn and get a muffin", and I said, "no, it's not that far". Hah...was I ever wrong! Up 4 more hills and about 50 minutes (7 miles) later we got there with freezing children on the back. Those poor little things were shivering.
Hubby then called a Taxi that took him back to the hotel where he got his truck and drove back so we could load up the bikes and drive back. I don't think the kids wanted back on those bikes after that! That was the most expensive breakfast ever. It cost $22 for 7 miles! Lesson learned....just ride to the Barn, no more than that.
We had lots of fun the rest of the day. Fed the animals at Avila Valley Barn and picked up some fruit then headed for the beach. We played at the beach and park most of the days and every morning went to the Barn and fed the goats. Little missie loved the baby goat and little man loved playing on the hay.
This sums up the bike ride with this look.
I will post pictures on Facebook since it is faster and you can post more.
1 comment:
You guys sure are adventurous! I am heading over to FB to look at your pics!
Post a Comment