Last night we had make your own pizza night. I have to say these were the best pizzas I have made. Little missie used pepperoni, olives and mushrooms for her pizza.
I used my tomato sauce that I canned this past summer and added a little tomato paste in to thicken it up. We had olives, mushrooms, onions, grape tomatoes, garlic, sausage and pepperoni (nitrate free) and cheese.
This was my pizza with sausage, mushrooms, olives, grape tomatoes, garlic with a little olive oil drizzled on top.
I made my own pizza crust. Very simple recipe:
2 tsp. yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup white flour (I used bread flour)
Let the yeast and water sit for 5 minutes, add the salt and flour 1 cup at a time. I use the dough attachment on my Kitchen Aid to knead the dough. Put in a greased bowl and until it rises (It took about 1 1/2 hours since it was cold).
Preheat oven and pizza stones to 475 degrees. Make sure you put on your fan!
I baked the crust for 5 minutes before putting the toppings on the pizza to make a crispier crust. I used preheated pizza stones.
My meat lover had sausage and pepperoni on his pizza.
The kids love to make their own pizza and it is a lot healthier than delivery.
1 comment:
I love homemade pizza nights. It makes it fun for the kids, but much healthier & better tasting. Your pizza's look delicious!
Post a Comment