The past 10 days or so I have not made myself anything with refined sugar and have been careful in reading food labels to try and avoid as much sugar as I can. There is one food label that I really ever read because I really never thought that the 3rd ingredient in Yoplait vanilla yogurt is high fructose corn syrup! What? I eat it everyday for breakfast! Change of plans for breakfast now. I have looked into making my own yogurt and it looks pretty easy, so I will be trying it out next week when I have time to watch it.
I have decided to really watch my refined sugar intake since I feel sooooo much better when I do not eat it. I think that is one of the foods that really affects me since I have had hypothyroidism and I have been trying different substitutes like Blue Agave. That does not mean that I will not have ice cream at Superior Dairy on Monday, but if I can live 90% of the week like this I know I will feel a lot better and my tummy will look better too!
Note to self: Always read food labels even if you think it is good for you. Also, I was reading a label for a hot tea I was drinking while I was sick and that had soy in it.....really....soy? Also, one other thing I should not have too much of. It seems everything has soy in it. If you have a thyroid issue or it runs in the family you should avoid soy. Soy is not your thyroids friend.
Just had to vent a little about the stuff they put in foods. Have a great Memorial weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment