I bought Steel Cut Oats yesterday at Trader Joes and put it in the crockpot last night so I could have some for breakfast at 5:15am. Steel Cut Oats is a good source of fiber, protein and is low in fat. You have to add something to the oatmeal if you are not used to the taste. I added a banana, sliced raw almonds and a little brown sugar before my cycling class this morning. I have to say that it helped me out. My legs were aching all night long and I knew I had to have something to make it through my class this morning. The oatmeal also has 27 grams of carbs and only 1 gram of sugar.
To make this in the morning you need about 30 minutes to cook on the stovetop. I can say this is not my favorite thing to eat, but I know it is healthy and it helped my workout this morning, so I will make it again. Next time I will try it with a little milk and honey.
No comments:
Post a Comment