I don't know if you saw that there is a new show on TLC called Extreme Couponing. It aired last night and I watched it. I can say that I am not extreme like these people. If it does not fit in my cabinets, then I do not purchase it, even if it is free (unless I know that I will be donating it).
I love to use coupons and save a lot of money every month using coupons. It is the end of the month and after Christmas so my grocery budget today was $30.00. That really does not buy much at the store anymore, but with using coupons I was able to purchase $59.40 worth of groceries for $25.67! That is a 57% savings. I save by shopping what is on sale and use a coupon for those items. Today I got Triscuit thins for .42, Rits Crackers for .67, free Minute Maid juice and free Garnier hair color. I also look at the 50% off table every visit. Today I scored Starbucks coffee regular price $9.99, it was marked 50% off and then I had a coupon for $1.50 off which made the coffee $3.49! For veggies I bought cilantro, ginger, bean sprouts and limes. I also bought 2 Stoneyfield yogurts, cottage cheese, sour cream, english muffins, bagels, beer (for my herbed cheese bread), granola bars and water chestnuts.
3 comments:
Wow! Good job, Lora. Where do you do most of your shopping?
Usually at Vons, but I shop their sales. If I have a bunch of groceries to buy and not a lot of coupons I go to Foods Co.
Thanks :)
Post a Comment