Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dog Biscuits


I made dog biscuits for our dogs and the neighbors dog for Christmas. They were very easy to make and the dogs love them! I thought next year I will make a couple of batches and give them out to all of our neighbors with dogs. This makes a cute gift!


1 cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups whole wheat flour

Glaze:
1 egg
2 tbsp milk

1. Boil water and add rolled oats and butter, turn off burner
and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients until it becomes stiff like dough.
3. Put on a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes adding flour if needed.
4. Roll out 1/2" thick and top with egg wash.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
6. Cool completely.

No comments: